How To Get People To Open Your Emails
Ah, email open rates.
Always a hot topic of debate.
There’s nothing more infuriating that writing a kick ass email and then having nobody read it.
*hurls wireless mouse on the floor*
Couple that with the fact that it’s getting harder and harder for people to read your emails, I thought I’d throw a few pointers your way.
Here are a few little tips which you might find useful ahead of hitting send on your next email.
- Pique your reader’s interest using curiosity. Think along the lines of something so odd that they have no option but to open it and see what the heck it’s all about. Just remember to link this to the real reason you’re sending the email. Don’t be deceiving your readers now.
- If you know their current problem, aggravation or challenge then play to that. Hint that you have the solution.
- Consider using their name – if you know it. Just don’t do this on every email.
- Use numbers.
- Use A/B testing where possible to check which subject lines work well for your audience. (Not able to split test? Consider upgrading your email).
- Hit some of the 4 U’s … urgency, ultra-specific, ultra-relevant and unique.
Of course, the long term goal is to have your audience so delighted with the content you provide each and every time they open your emails that the subject line becomes irrelevant.
But until then, some of these might help.
Have a great week,
PS – Want to up your email game? It’s STILL one of the main ways we fill our spa every week. If so, take a look at this.
About HollieMy goal is to help others achieve more with their beauty businesses through growth, sales and marketing. I like to see it as adding some sparkle to the beauty world.
Grab My Free Ebook